- Designated Member of the Appraisal Institute (MAI), No. 530213
- Appraisal Institute General Review Specialist (AI-GRS)
- Kansas State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser No. G-2528
- Missouri State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser No. 2017028745
- 18+ years commercial real estate appraisal experience
- June 2016-Present: Senior Appraiser, Bliss Associates, LLC
- February 2014-June 2016: Review Appraiser III, UMB Bank:
Performed technical commercial appraisal reviews for compliance with USPAP and FIRREA in addition to performing internal evaluations and validations. Provided guidance to bank personnel and appraisal staff pertaining to interpretation of Interagency Guidelines and FIRREA requirements.
- January 2001-February 2014, Associate Appraiser, Bliss Associates, LLC:
- Experience across a wide variety of property types including retail, industrial, office, multi-family and specialized property types.
- Specialized appraisal experience includes mixed-use, commercial & residential subdivisions, lodging properties, retail and condemnation.
- Appraisals have been performed for lenders, attorneys, public and private agencies, principals, individuals and municipalities.
Professional Affiliations & Specialty Involvement
- Director – Kansas City Chapter of the Appraisal Institute: 2015 – 2018
- Education Committee – Kansas City Chapter of the Appraisal Institute: 2014-2015
Advanced Course Work and Seminars – Abridged
- 4/2008: Subdivision Valuation
- 5/2009: General Market Analysis and Highest and Best Use
- 5/2011: Uniform Standards for Federal Land Acquisitions
- 5/2011: The Lending World in
- 10/2012: Business Practices and Ethics
- 5/2013: Advanced Income Capitalization
- 6/2014: Advanced Market Analysis and Highest and Best Use
- 1/2015: Advanced Concepts and Case Studies
- 5/2015: Successfully Passed Comprehensive Examination; The Appraisal Institute
- 8/2015: Review Theory – General
- 3/2016: Successfully Completed the Experience Review Requirements for the MAI and the AI-GRS designations; The Appraisal Institute
- 7/2016: Successfully Completed the Demonstration Report Requirement; The Appraisal Institute
- Ongoing: USPAP – 7 Hour Update, Biannual
- Bachelor of Arts, Baker University, Baldwin, KS